Our practice is the oldest Optometric practice in continuous operation in the state of Michigan. The practice was started by Dr. Ernest Eimer, in the 1890's. Dr. Eimer was one of the founding fathers of the Michigan Optometric Association. Dr. Louis Jullie purchased the original practice in 1941, and was beloved by his patients for many years. Drs. Gundersen & Zuker then took over in 1979.
In September 1986, Drs. Gundersen and Zuker purchased the 40 year old practice of Dr. B. Wayne Gillan (see photo to right) in Montague. The practice location was then moved to a larger office at our current location in Whitehall on Mears Avenue, next to Oceana Glass and Paint.
Although no longer one of our locations, this practice was founded in 1980 by Drs. Gundersen and Zuker. Dr. Joseph Morse who has been an associate of the practice purchased the Shelby location in July 2017, while continuing to see patients at our Muskegon and Whitehall locations.
Founder of our downtown Muskegon practice.
Former owner of Muskegon practice.
Original practice owner of our Whitehall location.
Dr. Jullie practicing refraction in optometry school.
From left to right: Dr. Gundersen, Dr. Jullie, and Dr. Zuker at old location downtown Muskegon.